Monday, February 25, 2013

RED LETTER DAY!!!!!

Today is a redletter day!!!  

To begin with......I am updating my blog!  Could it have been since last fall that I have even been here?  Geesh!

Secondly......my good friend Jenn over at Lively Grace has nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Now.....I have to admit.....I was not familiar with this award, but is given to people with less than 200 followers who need a little support and recognition to keep blogging!  So....what is a Liebster?  Well....of course, I had to look it up and here is what I discovered......much to my delight!  Liebster is German and means.......are you ready for this?!!!  It means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing & welcome.  Well......that explains everything!!!  I am sure that it is describing the nominator....and not the nominee!!  Don't get me wrong Jenn.....I am grateful!!  Really!

Part of the deal is, I have to tell you 11 (eleven) random things that you probably don't know about me......and if you don't want to know, then you should quit reading right now!!!

1.    I have floated the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe.  There were dozens of hippos around our boat and it was a bit disconcerting.

2.    I do my best thinking in the middle of the night and my best sleeping on the sofa after dinner!

3.    When I am doing a painting project I keep my rollers and brushes in the freezer so that I don't have to keep cleaning them.  Once when I cleaned out the freezer, I found at least 3 rollers and about a dozen brushes.

4.    If I could live anywhere I wanted, it would be on the coast.

5.    I spend WAY too much money on books.

6.    I kind of consider myself an inventor.  It sounds funny, but I really do have some great ideas!

7.    I have 5 children (including stepchildren), their spouses, 15 grandchildren, & 8 great-grandchildren!  5 siblings & their significant others, 12 nieces and nephews and their  8 kids.  How many is that?  Wow!  I can't even begin to count Mr. WildHare's family.....whew......lots of wonderful relationships to try to maintain. 

8.    Speaking of Mr. WildHare, we met singing in South Pacific..........not IN the South Pacific.....but in the musical......that was another lifetime ago..........I was Nellie Forbush.  Can you even imagine that?!!!  I was so skinny then that I had to wear 2 padded bras to be able to tell that I was a girl on stage!  Hahahahahaha!

9.    My motto is......one can never have too many pieces of painted furniture..........BIG pieces of furniture!

10.   I think that I have one of the best jobs in the world.  I love every minute when I get to do an estate liquidation.....or a fleamarket.  I have such great customers and vendors and feel lucky to be a part of something that is so much fun.

11.     Some of my best friends are Dumpster Divers.  (I have been known to dive a bit myself!!)  I love free stuff............and.....some of my best girl friends are boys!

Whew! 

Then..........these are the questions that Jenn asked me:

1.  What place of business (store) would you like to spend the night at?
........It would be fun to spend the night at Vain & Vintage.......with several friends.......and lots of snacks!

2.  Did you have a childhood nickname, if yes, what was itWinnie

3.  What is the most interesting thing in your refrigeratorThe Lemon Possit that I made for the premier showing of Downton Abbey.

4.  What is your favorite pen?  The one in 20 in my drawer that actually works!

5.  When is your average evening sweat/yoga/PJ pants timeUsually bedtime...whenever that is.....I always want to be ready to roll if the opportunity arises!

6.  Peanut butter?  Creamy or crunchy?  Hmmmmm......the only way that I like Peanut Butter is in cookies and not very much then.  Is that un-American?

7.  What has been helpful to you to grow visits/followers of your blog or social media site?  Of course that would have to be all of my friends who support and sustain me.........

8.  What tool is your favorite?  That would have to be a paint can opener!!!  Then the brush!

9.  As CEO of your household, which would you choose to add;  chef or housekeeper?  Housekeeper......no doubt!

10. What helps you get started writing a blog post when it just isn't flowing easily?  Reading other blogs.

11. Have you visited the other nominated blogs yet?    Sorry....not yet.....but I will do that soon!


Now....to move onto another red letter day.......I need to create a blog for my next event!  Stay tuned!!!
 

 


2 comments:

  1. You're such an interesting person Linda! You left me wanting to know more! :) Hey, I love your playlist! Abba? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching (prior) episodes of Downton Abby- I'm hooked, but you & Fred in South Pacific - that would be my new favorite show!

    ReplyDelete