Monday, July 19, 2010

The Countdown has officially begun.......

So.........is it muggy tonight or am I just sweatin' up a storm? I think that it is the latter! Dang.......

And........can it be that there are only two days in between today and Thursday when the WildHare Summer Festival and Outdoor Market begins? And, that one of those days.....Wednesday, I have to be up at the venue all day telling people where to go? (Actually, that is my favorite part!) And...can it also be that I have about 4,000 things that need to get done in those two days? Tonight I painted my wooden sandwich boards to make new signage.......after all, it wouldn't do to send everyone to the fairgrounds two days after my event starts now would it?! So, at 9:00 PM......(yes, that is PM:) I was at Lowe's having paint mixed. And may I just say that I love the new paints with the primer in them? I painted blue over bright orange with black letters with no less than staggering results!! You'll see! They will be quite fetching and attention grabbing.......i hope?! So that is a big Yay and Yippee for Valspar! By the way, I matched a vintage mixing bowl for the color.......very chic!

Tomorrow I should have my stencil in hand to spray the lettering on.......I would love to do vinyl as I love that look, but not very cost effective........and probably more labor intensive as well........I have to go on the cheap for signage........

Sorry......now for the commercial:

WildHare Summer Festival & Outdoor Market
Thursday, July 22nd 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.......
Friday, July 23rd 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM.....
Saturday, July 24th......and believe me.......I do know that it is the 24th of July!!!
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

The items for sale will be as varied as the vendor, but you can always count on there being something for even the most discriminating collector/buyer. There will be lots of yummy foods there plus beverages of all description. Treats galore.........

Wear a hat and comfy shoes. It is kind of rocky terrain........

Thursday at the venue we will be excited to hear Layce Whitworth, Nashville Recording Artist who will be singing and selling his CD's........the concert is free.......come support one of our local boys. It is also the Chamber After Hours being hosted by the Pocatello Convention and Visitors Bureau.......Lots going on with that.

Gotta be done.........I have a few more things to finish up tonight.........still holding out hope that my sister Merry gets here from Reno so that she can take up the slack.......but for now, I am going to pull out a few of my Wild Hairs and get that over with.......and then move on........

In the immortal words of one of my favorites........Eyore.........Thanks for noticing me.........

To be continued!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment